There have been countless of rhythmic world gymnastics championships featuring a whole lot of gymnasts and have produced lots of rhythmic gymnastics champions. In fact, the world rhythmic gymnastics championship was first held in 1963 in Budapest. In most gymnastics tournaments, most gymnasts from the old Soviet Union block have always won all round individual medals. The modern era has seen a tremendous rise in popularity and quality. For example, Japan, China, Israel, Switzerland and Germany were the emerging nations of the world gymnastics championship 2014. There is no doubt that many champions have been produced from the gymnastics world, the following are some of the champions.
Daria Vladirovna KondaKova
Rhythmic gymnastics has produced great champions indeed and Daria is one of such champions. Born in Russia in the year 1991, Daria has gone to be one of the most celebrated gymnasts in Russia and beyond having won so many gymnastics competition. Her successes include a 2010 world champion in rope, 2010 European all silver medalist, world all round silver medalist in 2009,2010 and 2011 as well as Grand prix final all round silver medalist in the year 2009 and 2010. Daria is now retired and has taken up a coaching role and also working as a choreographer. One of her most remarkable performance came in the world gymnastics championships in France in the year 2011 where she gave a very wonderful and breathe taking performance. In that gymnastics competition, she was able to demonstrate preciseness and wonderful management as she won a decisive gold medal. Daria Kandakova is indeed a rhythmic gymnastics world champion.
Anna is another Russian born gymnasts that has made waves in the gymnastics world. She was born in August 25, 1980. Her career has seen her win as many laurels as she can to be considered a true champion. Anna is now a well deserved master of sports coach in rhythmic gymnastics. She has also been coaching club dynamo since 2003. Apart from all these, she is now one of the members of the Russian Rhythmic gymnastics national Trainers. With this, Anna makes our list as one of the true great champions in rhythmic gymnastics.
This is another Russian gymnast born on January 29, 1999. Her honors include the 2013 European Junior group all champion as well as the 2014 Youth Olympic group all round champion. She was an individual gymnast initially and has competed in a lot of championships. She is also coached by Anna Shumilova and she is now a Russian senior member in the national reserve team in 2015.
She represents her country in many world gymnastics championships. The Russian born group rhythmic gymnast was born on November 30, 1993. She is one of the gymnasts coached by Anna Shimilova and one of her notable showing was in the world rhythmic gymnastics championship in 2010.
Other Notable Gymnasts include
- Daria Kondakova – three time all-around World silver medalist and four time World champion.
- Alina Makarenko – 2012 Olympics Group gold medalist.
- Aleksandra Soldatova – 2015 World silver medalist and European team champion.
- Anastasiia Tatareva – 2016 Olympics Group gold medalist, 2015 World Group All-around champion and (2014, 2015) European Group All-around champion.
- Maria Tolkacheva – 2016 Olympics Group gold medalist, 2015 World Group All-around champion and (2014, 2015) European Group All-around champion.
- Daria Dubova – 2014 Youth Olympic Group all-around gold medalist.
- Daria Svatkovskaya – 2013 European Hoop and team champion and 2012 Russian National all-around silver medalist
- Ekaterina Malygina – three-time World and European Group champion.
- Anna Sokolova –
- Veronika Polyakova – European junior team gold medalist.